DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2014 ram sport cc 4x4 leveling question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Spike 
#1 ·
Hey guys first off I'm new to this site but a long time dodge owner. I just picked up my new ram and want to level it. I've always had lifted trucks but for one I just want to level this one. I want the truck a true level or even slightly higher in the front.
I've read a lot on here and I've noticed you guys are very partial to the adjustable bilsteins, and I don't blame you, but I I'll just wait until I lift the truck to get those. I've ran bolt on coil spacers before with no problem.

My question is, has anyone ran the 3" coil spacer that is available from a few manufacturers? If so have you had any issues? I know a lot of people run the 2.5, but I'm wondering about the 3". Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Most everybody runs 2" or 2.5", I haven't heard or need much about the 3" spacers. In general though it seems kind of like a toss up, some people have issues with the spacers, some don't. All trucks are different so there's a whole lot that it depends on. Just have to be careful about your CV angle, the spacers tend to put a lot more pressure on them than the Bilsteins.

The link below is an awesome place to start looking. brandonjansen did a great job puting a lot of info together to make our lives easier :smileup: It basically has all the info you will ever need! http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=168422

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I understand about the cv angles and geometry of the suspension. Like I said, I've ran them on a few trucks with no issues at all. I was just wondering if anyone has run the 3" and had any vibrations or anything? I can't see it being hardly any different than the bilstein set on 2.8..givin the bilstein a are supposed to be better for the control arm angles..thanks

#4 ·
i did a 2.5 front /1.5 rear pro comp level on my 2014 ram. while i like the stance, the front spacer popped by ball joints out of the upper control arms. so now I'm out another 500 bucks plus install for zone upper control arms to fix my issue.

Given a chance to do it over, id go with bilsteins again. had them on my 2010 and they were great.

2.8 is almost 3 inches right?:LOL:

#6 ·
They are back ordered, but no worries there are other products out there that are just as good or better in build quality, and ride quality. If you are planning to max them out then ProComp has an adjustable shock that would work for you just fine, and IMO ride the same as the bilsteins, only down side is there is only 2 settings, stock and 2.75 (2.8), if you are maxing them out though this is not an issue, and they are a tad cheaper.

If you want pure quality of ride then the Rancho Quick lifts are for you, the lift height is not quite as high however they are a complete new strut assembly, come pre assembled, and have a new coil so you do not have to re use the factory coil, they also have 9 different settings for the actual ride quality very very good stuff, and IMO ride better than any bilsteins ever could at any setting!

If you want the BEST of the BEST than the Fox Adjustable is for you, it is similar to the Rancho being that it is a complete assembly, however it comes with a High Performance racing coil from Eibach, and is paired with the awesomeness of Fox, there truly is no better solution for a level than the fox adjustables, however they are a little pricey.

If you would like a quote on anything please feel free to contact us we would be more than happy to hook you up with the best pricing around and earn your business like we have many other Z members here :) our contact info is below in our signature, remember though if you reach out to us off site to tell us you are a Z member so that you get our best discounts!

Thanks
Jeremiah

#7 ·
they are still in for now.

I'm waiting to see if the zone UCA's work better than the factory ones.

#8 ·
2.5" is max with the other stock parts or at least that is my opinion after installing several kits on these trucks. 2" is pretty comfortable and 2.5" is all I would consider going.

Maybe you can get a hair more with Bilsteins but that is pushing it. Plus, you can run 35's with 2.5" and have to do a whole lot more to run a bigger tire than that. The extra 0.5" would not really get you much except to really push the limits of your setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.