DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Changing Headlights

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Ramrob 
#1 ·
Do I need to remove the entire headlight assembly or is there a way that I can change them out with out removal. If I do need to remove, can someone point me into the direction to see exactly how to remove. Thanks

#4 ·
If you're just changing the bulb then you don't have to remove the assembly, though it could make it easier for getting to the passenger side as it's kinda tight. To pull the bulb out, there's a housing that just needs to be pushed in then turned and it'll come out, then pull the red tab out and pull the bulb.

To pull the whole housing if you want, there's two torx bolts in the front behind the grille, as well as a nut behind a rubber plug in the wheel well. After those have been removed, there's a plastic clip that holds the housing in, to remove the assembly, take a flat blade screwdriver, wrap it in a rag and pry the top corner out, the assembly should just pop right out. Removing the assembly will make it easier to turn the bulbs in and re-installing them.

#6 ·
Just changed to hid today. First, remove four 10mm screws that hold grille in place at top of grille. carefully lift up and unclip plastic baffle retaining clips to get better access to 2 middle screws. After 4 screws are out carefully pull out grill from right and left lower corners. Two spring clips hold grille on bottom. Next remove 2 screws that hold headlight lens assembly in place. Then open a small panel in forward wheelwell from the tire side. A white plastic tab must be lifted to release headlight assy. (on back of headlight). This info is to change bulb only,more required to go to hid set up ,drilling 1" hole to back of cap that covers h11 bulb and wiring up harness etc.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.