View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

OK, so here's the update for the Bluetooth Streaming audio on 2011 vehicles with 1 of the following radios ONLY:
RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB
For 2011 vehicles built prior to 6-1-2011 that have already had either 1 of these TSBs performed (#08-036-11, 08-036-11 rev A, 08-019-12). Your vehicle must have 1 of these TSBs performed.If your vehicle has not had the TSB performed, please let me know and I’ll help walk you thru what you need to do.
1)This is an update for the Bluetooth streaming audio sound quality.
2)There was not enough memory left to safely do anything for the iPod stutter at the beginning of the next track.

Here's the file and instructions for the 2011 Uconnect Bitpool update.
***Important note: Please make sure that the vehicle battery power is not interrupted. This could cause damage to the update and the module. The best procedure is to have the vehicle running during the process. *****
You will need a thumb drive of at least 1GB. If you have files on the thumb drive, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean
Download it to the thumb drive that has no other files on it. Once it is downloaded to the thumb drive, please rename it so the file is uconnect.upd (basically delete everything up to Uconnect.upd).
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console or glove box USB connector on vehicles with the factory installed unit. If you have the Mopar kit installed, the USB connector may be in the glove box. This cable is an optional cable <PN 82212160> and may not have been installed if the kit was installed at the Dealer.
Press and release the Uconnect button and say “set up, software update”. You should hear "update started". This process should take about 10 - 15 minutes; there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display.

High Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ovyaa0n1cbuhs97
Low Speed CAN BUS vehicles use the link below for downloading the file:
<I have added the Low Speed CAN BUS file here also because people from other forums and with other vehicles will possibly find this thread and if I didn't have it listed, I would have to start a new thread for it. So I'm just saving some time (perhaps just being lazy) for others ans well as myself>
http://www.mediafire.com/?6are7vroedrjdoz
Please reply back with your results. I have tested it myself and have also had a couple of friends test it for me.