View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Uconnect is not behingd the time. As you mentioned previously, "your phone was working great till you updated it". So what changed? Uconnect didn't change, your phone SW did. You can only update things so far untill it runs out of memory for bigger files or HW limitations.
I have been testing with the Sprint GII phone that I updated to ICS for the last week. I have not had any issues with PB download. Uconnect will rec & read messages. As with several phones, it doesn't send messages. SMS texting does however work on several phones. What the problem really is has to do with the BT specs are not tightly regulated and are slightly loose. This allows the phone mfgs to try to add little twists to their SW. Doing this will sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't.
The problem here is that either your not doing something or Samsung has messed up the way that the PB information is being sent to Uconnect. The contact information has to be sent to Uconnect in a specific supported file. If it's not, then Uconnect will try up to 5 times to get the information correctly. After the 5th time, Uconnect will basically say "well, if you can't send me the information correctly, then I'm going to go ahead and work without you. This is what you're seeing. It works after Uconnect stops trying to DL the PB. This is a very similar issue that HTC had last year with the EVO & SHIFT when they went from Froyo to Gingerbread. After working with them on the issue, HTC came out with an update that fixed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylster View Post
My phone is a GT-I9100M running on sasktel (same as Bell) in Canada.....everything else works fine except the phone book download.....I waited 5 months before I upgraded....to android 4.0.3......I waited to see if people had issues with the phone...and how it ran....Uconnect is behind the times as the new protocol in the phone seems incompatible with the newer software. Phone runs awesome....uconnect needs an update ....where is it at? ARGH!

Like I said...only Phone books downloads don't work.....but that's a pain because it freezes the phone up...can't shut it off...since uconnect tries every time.

S.