View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:309
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Just so this is in here as well, this was my responce
I am running the DDM 55W Raptor kit with error code eilminators in my truck and have had 0 problems. I have helped countless forum members install the same setup and again have no problems with their set up either.

It has been noticed that 55W kits tend to have less problems with the quad light setup and we think its because they pull more current helping the truck not think there is a light out. The bulb simply color/temperature does not effect the flickering, it is simply the ballast setup.

I would recommend the Raptor kit, not the slim ballast kit, those seem to go out more often as well. The error eliminator kits seem to put enough resistance into the circuit to not create problems.

If you had the dual set up it would be a different story, but the quad setups are pretty easy.

The main problem dodge is the 3rd gen 1500s with their bixenon setup. Quad headlights seem to be plug and play as long as it is done smart. The few times I have seem DDMs fligher in the low beams of a quad setup with error eliminators a relay harness fixed the issue, but i believe starting with both error elims and a relay harness on low beams is overkill and unnecessary work to start with.

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING