View Single Post
  #50  
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM
buccaneezer buccaneezer is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calgary
Age: 44
Posts: 12
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
buccaneezer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hmm, Maybe I was jumping ahead a bit. So let's start with this question. When you say "garbled" do you mean kind of choppy and may sound like the chipmunks (Alvin)?
If so and you haven't had any Uconnect updates performed then I can help you some there. Here is the link for the 2011 SW update for Uconnect. This update will help that issue and the sound quality is good, just not great and this is due to my earlier explanation about the bitpool rate.
Here are the instructions for the update procedure:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let me know how this works out for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m


We'll go from there, ok.
THANK YOU!!

I had serious issues streaming audio via my bluetooth in my truck until I performed this update. Of course, I assumed initially that the problem was with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S i9000m), and was attempting all varieties of custom ROM in an attempt to get this feature to work. It was driving me nuts!!

It wasn't until a co-worker with the same model of phone mentioned that his worked fine with his Mazda, and it had the same problem with my truck that I realized that it was an issue with the truck.

I performed the update during my daily drive home from work--it took about 15 minutes (and the steady ping... ping... ping... just about had me developing a facial tic) and by the time I got home... fixed!!

Again, THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote