View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

The reason I wanted to know the build date of the vehicle is to try to determine which version of the Uconnect module you have and aslo to back iit up with a picture. This information would tell me if I can help further.
Now I'm kind of confused as to why you have to turn the BT off to listen to your music? You can have BT on and also have it connected to the docking cable.
Further advantages of using the docking cable is that it's safer that way. You don't have to pick the phone up and scroll thru it to change playlist, artist, tracks etc. You have more control with the radio in docking mode than you do in BT mode. Also you are charging the battery while using it this way rather than just depleting it.
There is a big difference in the bit pool that is being used on newer phones than when the SW was written for the 2011 vehicles which was back in early 2010. In fact the iPhone also was using a lower bit pool up thru their 4.0. They went higher with their 4.3 Update which now made them slightly incompatible like some other phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawes226 View Post
I'm pretty positive it wasnt built after that...however I could be wrong. I bought it in Nov. 2011. I will try to find out exactly when and take a picture of that module if it after that date.

Regardless if it was built before/after that date, the bluetooth audio quality still sucks and really makes me mad because I use my phone for music a lot, but cannot keep my bluetooth on to listen; which means no incoming phone calls.