View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough
Default Led fix!

Okay guys, I think i finally made a breakthrough...

For the guys having filckering/glowing/stupid LED issues... It seems that regardless of the bulb color/style/location a 100Ohm 1W resister soldered to the LED fixes any issue so far i have ran across. the only possible issue I can see affecting this would be the weird when the trucks not running they work but when the tuck is running they do.

I know i said i would never go there, but from now on it is going to be my recomendation where if you have one of the trucks that has LED issues, those are the resistors to try.

I do not know if this will work with the blinkers and the "bulb out" notification. I ran out of resistors tonight when I did my neighbors truck, Imma pick up a few more Monday afternoon and try it, but until the the answer to 921/194 style problems appears to be this little baby resistor to actually create the right load in the circuit.

I will get some pictures up in the next few days, I jsut figure there are a few people dying to know this

pictures in post #5 of the correct way it should look when soldered. Credits to Mikeski

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING

Last edited by SS4Luck; 03-05-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Sponsored links