Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 99 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST - Very Base Model
Color: Red with grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:48
Dieselkiss is on a distinguished road

Ok, so if you bare in mind I did mine completely from scratch, I bought the relays separately (or they came with my alarm, I don't remember)...now it may turn out that these relays are added on for the remote lock system and are not part of the standard door lock system - I honestly don't know. If they ARE part of standard system then they will be under the kick panel in the fuse/relay box. If not, then you will need to buy the relays which are...R30-H relays (which is a 5 pin 30 amp relay available from most motor stores though may not be listed as an R30H - but just draw a diagram same as the one in the wiring pic and check against the standard relays available in the stores) and are just a few bucks a pop.
It's tough doing this from memory - next time, I'll video any job I do lol

I would HIGHLY recommend investing in a Haynes manual or similar for the actual legit wiring diagrams, or maybe hunt them down on the web and then that will show if there are and which relays there are for the door locks on the standard install. I seem to remember I paid for a membership to a site for the FULL wiring diagrams for my truck but don't remember it's name so look around.

Now, IF I remember rightly, I found an empty block in the fuse box and took my 12v feed for the relays/locking system from there, but, on the diagrams I gave you, if you scroll down under the pic, it explains how and where to cut power wires.

Hope this helps, if not, by all means ask and as always, I'll help if I can

Last edited by Dieselkiss; 11-12-2011 at 04:57 PM.