Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 99 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST - Very Base Model
Color: Red with grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:48
Dieselkiss is on a distinguished road
Default Try this

Ok, these are links to the actual wiring diagrams for the alarm system I installed.
Now, of course, it' not the same aftermarket as yours, but....it is the wiring for the 96 ram door lock system, so from this you should be able to work out how to wire in your specific alarm system.

Turns out, when explaining stuff to you...I completely forgot about relays.....shows what a year makes you forget hu? lol

I really hope this helps you.

This one is a list of relative wiring and colors

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...ring_chart.asp

This tells you that the lock side of your system is an orange/purple wire and that the unlock side of your system is a pink/purple wire and that the relays and wiring block will be located under the drivers kick panel.

And if you click on the lock and unlock link on the left side of the list it will take you to this actual diagram...

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/powerlockrev.asp

This shows where the negative lock and unlock wires from your alarm system wire into the door lock system, and if you look on your alarms wiring diagram, both the outputs are negative outputs.

Now, because my vehicle came with non of the stuff and I had to do it all from scratch I had to buy the relays. If you have to buy them, they are readily available from any decent motor parts store, but am guessing your truck will already have them.

I know your after market is a different one to mine, but, honestly I think when it comes to the lower end after market alarms, which mine is, they tend to be pretty much the same guts with different box and badges. Now I'm not saying yours is the same, but I'd still bet my bottom dollar that if you wire yours in according to the diagram for mine, it will work. Of course, test it with temp wiring, don't solder/wire anything in permanently till you know it all works. I know I keep saying that, but it is REALLY REALLY important!!

I actually used these diagrams from the alarm manufacturer along with wiring diagrams for my truck, though as I was building it from scratch I only used the dodge wiring diagram for the switches, not for the solenoid/relay wiring.

Hollar if you need more help.

Last edited by Dieselkiss; 11-06-2011 at 12:18 PM.