Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 99 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST - Very Base Model
Color: Red with grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:48
Dieselkiss is on a distinguished road
Default From memory

Ok, am going to try to do this from memory so bare in mind this is just my thoughts and PLEASE check elsewhere before doing anything.

My Ram came without central locking or alarm or electric windows when I bought her.
I bought an aftermarket alarm with RKE and I used after market solenoids. I had to build my own wiring looms and now my doors are wired into my alarm. I have keyless entry and also, when I turn my ignition on my doors lock and when I turn the ignition off they unlock (unlike if you wired into the Control box and the doors would lock at 15 MPH).
As I recall I completely ignored Dodges own wiring into the main control box ( as in my central locking is NOT wired into my trucks central computer), though I used the diagram because I used Dodges switches in the doors and needed to know which wires to run from switches to solenoids.

Now, if I remember correctly, there are only two wires running to your solenoid for the door lock and the way they work is when you push your button in your door to lock, power goes through from wire A to wire B to complete the circuit (I can't remember off hand what the colours were) and when you push the button on your door to lock the power goes from wire B to wire A to complete the circuit. So essentially, the power goes one way to lock and the other way to unlock.

Now, you'll need to look on here for the wiring diagram for your truck (mine was a bit of a nightmare because I was using door switches from a '95 which are different to a '99), which you should be able to find on these forums and find out which wire to your solenoids does which.
Then you'll want to run a splice from port 8 (brown wire) on your after market alarm to the wire on your solenoid that controls locking and, conversely, run a splice from port 9 (Green wire) on your aftermarket alarm to the wire on the same solenoid that controls unlocking. You'll need to do this for both sides of the vehicle. I stripped out the front of the dash and ran my looms behind.
I don't recall there being any earth points for the solenoids themselves and that earthing and such was taken care of in the switches and the after market alarm system.

I may be simplifying this and it may have been more complex when I did it, but it's been over a year since I did it and honestly, I think it is that simple.

Please check with other people before taking my word because I don't want to damage your baby and if you have any questions with which I can help feel free to ask and I will do my best.

Just as a note, the option to lock and unlock my doors with the ignition was something I had to set in my alarm system; if you doors already lock and unlock from the vehicles control box at 15 MPH you'll want to ensure you DON'T turn ignition lock/unlock on in your aftermarket alarm system if it has that capability.

Oh and for goodness sake, wire everything up and test it before you do the final install, then TEST IT AGAIN!!!

Good luck.