View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1977 View Post
Great thread, just bought the items you did, My only question is, did you drain some coolant out before removing the thermostat??? If so, where do you drain it from? If you didn't have to drain it, when did you lose coolant (enough to add more)? I've never changed a thermostat so I don't want to start loosening any bolts and then be covered in coolant, lol... Thanks in advance..
Jimmy
I didn't drain any coolant but it comes out of the upper rad hose when u remove it. Usually close to a gallon. I was wearing gym shorts and a shirt, my arms got a little dirty, thats it, just make sure to wash off the suspension and underside with a water hose when done to get the spilt coolant off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHazard View Post
can u use any type of coolant?
The coolant supposed to be used is the one timmy suggested earlier in the thread, however i used the universal and have had no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens9 View Post
Great write up for the knoledge base.
Thanks, oldhotrod is the one that got the ball rolling so don't forget to shoot him some reps for the part number, I try to do write ups if I do anything I feel like people would have questions on.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance