View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajed View Post
......What swayed you to the Volant CAI over others available on the market? .......
In no specific order -
-The look
-Sealed box with ducting for 'true' cold air intake
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparornocar72 View Post
the company donaldson that makes that filter actually is in the same town i am in. I knew a buddy that worked for them. They make a bunch of filters also, not just automotive. its pretty cool. Nice mod. what u plan on doing next?
Next item on the docket is the ??????? ???????? ????, which should arrive this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916Timmy View Post
I thought it was easy to put Dustin's Volant in my truck...maybe he did all that craziness already!

MAD PROPS for the tailgate seal idea! That is exactly what I was going to use on mine!
I'm very pleased with how the tailgate seal worked...and looks. I achieved both a positive seal and the finish looks....'Factory'. Even if the air box sat down the additional 3/4" needed to properly fit the OEM seal, the final finish would not have been as nice. The Dodge OEM duct has a great fit and finish to it, so I would have expected a premium unit to at least equal that.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI