View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Installed the engine cover, and reinstalled the air duct, IAT wire and finally the makeup air hose (Blue arrow).

Here's a few pix to show the finished product -

And finally a pic that displays the new look...

Please tell me you weren't' expecting it to look different....

The road test - Yielded some expected and some unexpected results. First off (expected....or at least hoped for), a noticeable improvement at WOT...not a lot, but noticeable. Secondly (unexpected), there is a very noticeable intake sound! This I really did not expect from a sealed CAI, but it is [B]very noticeable[\B] at WOT. Since I still have the bottom port on the CAI open, I expect some of this sound will reduce when Volant releases the 'scoop' for the 4th gen Rams....which is supposed to be in November. In the mean time, I may try adding a short piece of flexible ducting to see if the intake sound is reduced....which I'm kinda hoping for.

All in all, I would recommend this CAI to anyone looking for a quality CAI, but am a bit disappointed that a premium CAI has a few design flaws that result in such a poor fit, that it pretty much requires modification so the fit and finish matches the reputation. Once competed, IMO it looks fabulous!

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI

Last edited by brad12kx; 10-09-2011 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Add Content