View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
Nice work, looks like you've taken good care of it.
Well someone has to! :P Well today I might do some small small suspension work. I still have to replace the driver side upper ball joint along with both tie rod tubes and ends inner and outer. Today I am going to get an HD Upgrade Anti-Sway Bar Kit. Alot of my bushings are all dried out and cracked and going to replace them slowly cause 20 bucks here 5 bucks their adds up to like 500 bucks in the end. But I got it running and the engine just sounds excellent, the interior is just gorgeous the outside it passable but I am going to have some paint work done. I am mostly happy now that I was able to find a window for it cause they're getting harder to find now that the conversion van is being phased out, especially with gas prices.
Anyways I might replace my shocks they're rusted up pretty bad but still work so I'm going to postpone replacement so I can get a little more use out of them. I dread the replace the bushings in the control arm pivots because they are a pain to replace especially me lacking a press to remove and install them. I do have to get new pivots cause mine are rusted up pretty bad but over all it's ok. The steer gear I think is shot cause their is way to much play in my steering wheel especially having a damaged spider in my steer column coupler. But I can get a steer gear for 40 bucks and ball joints for 25 so it's not that bad but like said adds up very fast. But I love my van, I'm one of those morons who spends more then it's worth but it's my pride and joy. I am going to probably replace the transmission eventually with a rebuilt one or one from a junk yard that or I will rebuild mine with a new bell housing cause mine has some damage but still works. I was at the junk yard and saw a 96 van with only 67K miles I would of taken the transmission had it been the same model. I have a 46RH it had a 48RE I think 48 Something. But I could always get a transmission upgrade kit and upgrade my clutch pack to a 48. But then again do everything in stride.

Oh I put some photos of my van on the group. I wanted you to know I got a build sheet for my van and the paint is code PR8 Deep Molten Red Pearlcoat