Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Red/Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
96ram15004wd is on a distinguished road
Default '96 Instrument Panel Question

Bought a '96 Ram 1500 4WD about a year ago and I'm just getting around to fixin 'er up.

To make a long story short, a majority of the lights on the instrument panel didn't work, so I bought the bulbs, ripped out the dash, and replaced all of the lights (even the 2 or 3 that were working).

So now, when I put the key 'on', all of the lights light up, except for one; but I don't know whether or not the light applies to my truck or not.

I would like to know what light that is supposed to be.
Is it the low fuel light?

Also, below the main instrument panel, there are two 'sub' instrument panels, one on the left, and one on the right.

The one on the left is '4WD', 'ABS', and 'Low Wash'.
The one on the right is 'Seatbelt?', 'Brake', and 'Upshift?'
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

When I put the key 'on', ABS and BRAKE light up, but the two other on the right DO NOT light up. When I shift into 4WD, the 4WD light comes on, so that one works. As for low wash, I don't know if that one works yet or not.

I didn't put a bulb into the 'UPSHIFT' one, because my truck is automatic, and there wasn't a bulb when I ripped it out to begin with.

So basically, I want to know what the light is supposed to be on the picture above, if its supposed to light up when the key is 'on', and also if theres anything wrong with my 'sub' instrument panels.

My truck is a '96 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD.

Thanks.
Sponsored links