Vehicle: 2007 Dodge 4X4 (HULK SMASH)
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star 4x4
Color: Gun Metal Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HULK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Well I put some Nitto's on today: 305/55/20 and they really "rumble" around on the highway. The vibration at 70 is not acceptable at all, so I'll be back at the shop in the morning. It's no surpise though, because my experience with Discount Tires is that half their tire apes have no "F-ing" clue how to balance a tire. I put a new set of BFG KDW tires on my challenger three months ago and it took 3 trips to get them balanced correclty. I actually ended up at a Firestone shop to get an alignment done and they show'd me the balance weights slapped all over the inside of the rim (criss-crossing weight strips over each other, etc). I put Michelin MS 2's on my wife's suburban two months ago and had to bring them back for rebalancing after driving down the street.

This is the third full set of high end tires I've purchased in three months (yeah, nuts to do that to three vehicles in the same year even, much less 3 months!), and I think I'm about done doing business with this organization. A letter to the upper management is in the works to highlight their shotty business issues! I wish we had more options for tire stores other than NTB or Discount. I need to find a 4x4 specialty shop in Houston!

Quick recap: I ordered the Nitto Terra Grappler's yesterday in size 275/60/20 to match the stock size on my truck. When they called this morning to tell me they were in, I went over and asked to examine them. All four tires were manufactured in 2007!!!!!!!! I told them I wasn't going to buy three year old tires at a "new" retail price. They had the same tires in 305/55/20 in the shop that were all made in 2010, so I reluctantly agreed when they showed me the computer said they would fit my truck. Well, they vibrate like hell at 70MPH, I can't turn full circle into a parking spot without feeling them rub, and they "feel" like the car is driving VERY sluggish and bogged down. I think I'll be telling them to stuff these back in the rafters and pull out some Michelin or Pirelli's instead. I'm not bumping up another $100 per tire for BFG's if A/T's run this sluggish and rough, and I think it's safer to stay with 275/60/20 if I'm not going to lift the body. Those 305's don't fit stock, no matter what the computer says.

You'd think you would get a better experience from a tire store when you have done this much business with them, but these guys are not built for real customer satisfaction in my opinion.
I ran 305/55/20 BFG A/T's with no problem. Loved the tires. NOT every ram is built the same tho. I didn't have any turning rubbing problems or anything. I have herd that this could be a problem after I spent money for the tires but I NVR had a problem. IMO.

Now Im running 305/55/20 Nittos and Love them, BOth brands are good IMO.
Im about to put on 35'' Nitto muds