View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:254
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpartywagon View Post
you mean you guys don't wire stuff up like this? Well, I don't use a plastic box to house everything, but I do mount my fuse box and relays to either the firewall, or the dash supports, depending on where I am using power at.
Well i usually use the wire harness that comes with the lights but that means every time you buy a new set of lights your gonna be spending time running wires... i just like this idea because it is setup to go to a five switch panel and say you only have 3 sets of lights then you have two switches hooked up and wired for lights or anything you wanna wire into your truck ready to just plug in and be done with later down the road...

i dont know its just something i came across.. do you guys have a better way of doing it? i just wanna make it as clean as possible and not be running multiple wires everywhere

also i know the switch and relay can handle a set of lights but if i wire it this way will it be able to handle two sets of lights on one switch for my kc lights on top of my truck or will they have to be wired to two diff switches for 4 lights?

just lookin for ideas on how i should do it. just ordered a new kinetik 2000 battery which will be hooked to my 1400 i already have. so after winter im prolly gonna work on all my wiring for the truck

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer