View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcscott View Post
Well if your radio now works and the fuse has stopped blowing i would say the LED lights were your problem. If I remember you have a lot of LED lights & fans connected to your electrical system. I would put them on a separate circuit just to be safe and you will have extra power for expansion. Don't over load the wire with drawing to many amps. LED lights have a small drain, but when you add them up you can draw some real current (amps.)

My bed lights, I have 300 LED'S (1, 16'-4" roll 5050 LED's) draw about 6.5 amps. so they do add up and I have them on a separate 7.5 amp. circuit with relay. A 9 volt battery will light them up, but it won't last very long.

I put yellow/orange LED 5050 lights on the rocker panel edge for running lights. There are 105 LED per side and just one side draws 2.2 amps. of power.

Like I said, LED lights have a small power draw but add up quickly in large amounts.

Greg
I don't have the fans anymore. haha . They were blue, now my truck is green, they don't fit too well anymore...

So if I add a relay to make its own circuit, triggered by the dome light wires, it shouuulddd work?

What size fuse should that be? Its 4 of a brighter strip, then 2 of a normally bright strip, then 2 half size normally bright strips.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs