Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer
so radio comes on when i unplug all the LEDs from the main source.
all LEDS work when hooked up to a 9v battery.
does this mean that the problem is somewhere in the stock wiring? Am
I drawing too much power?
Will a relay fix this? thanks
Well if your radio now works and the fuse has stopped blowing i would say the LED lights were your problem. If I remember you have a lot of LED lights & fans connected to your electrical system. I would put them on a separate circuit just to be safe and you will have extra power for expansion. Don't over load the wire with drawing to many amps. LED lights have a small drain, but when you add them up you can draw some real current (amps.)
My bed lights, I have 300 LED'S (1, 16'-4" roll 5050 LED's) draw about 6.5 amps. so they do add up and I have them on a separate 7.5 amp. circuit with relay. A 9 volt battery will light them up, but it won't last very long.
I put yellow/orange LED 5050 lights on the rocker panel edge for running lights. There are 105 LED per side and just one side draws 2.2 amps. of power.
Like I said, LED lights have a small power draw but add up quickly in large amounts.