View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer View Post
so radio comes on when i unplug all the LEDs from the main source.

all LEDS work when hooked up to a 9v battery.

does this mean that the problem is somewhere in the stock wiring? Am
I drawing too much power?

Will a relay fix this? thanks
Well if your radio now works and the fuse has stopped blowing i would say the LED lights were your problem. If I remember you have a lot of LED lights & fans connected to your electrical system. I would put them on a separate circuit just to be safe and you will have extra power for expansion. Don't over load the wire with drawing to many amps. LED lights have a small drain, but when you add them up you can draw some real current (amps.)

My bed lights, I have 300 LED'S (1, 16'-4" roll 5050 LED's) draw about 6.5 amps. so they do add up and I have them on a separate 7.5 amp. circuit with relay. A 9 volt battery will light them up, but it won't last very long.

I put yellow/orange LED 5050 lights on the rocker panel edge for running lights. There are 105 LED per side and just one side draws 2.2 amps. of power.

Like I said, LED lights have a small power draw but add up quickly in large amounts.

Greg

Last edited by gcscott; 11-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.