Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 Sport Quad cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:34
4X4JUNKIE is on a distinguished road

So I went ahead and took some pictures of my upper and lower coil spring mounts on both sides, I dont see anything out of the ordinary here, looks good to me. What do you guys think? I also took some measurements on both sides from the top of the upper mount to the bottom mount right where the coil spring ends, which is the lowest part of the bottom mount. Drivers side measured from top of mount to bottom mount at 2.5 inches. Passenger side measured 3 inches. Is it safe to assume I have a "collapsed" spring or at least a worn out spring on the drivers side?

Another thought also occurred to me, Idk anything about the springs that are in my truck, they came as assembled factory struts with supposedly 8,000 miles on them. Idk if the truck they came off of was a 4x4, 4.7, hemi? Did they put different front springs in trucks with the 4.7? or 2wd models?

Also, I called my dealer, and it will cost me $140 per spring, and Id rather do both than just one side, unless you guys think it would be fine to just get the drivers side?????