Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Jlmath73 is on a distinguished road

Just installed a K&N #63-1561 CAI on my 2011 5.7HEMI. I bought it off Amazon for 200.00 Free shipping!
Took 30 mins to install, I have installed a dozen of these, 4 on my own vehicles and the rest for family and friends.
Overall, I believe that K&N does what it claims to do. On my Avalanche it gave me 2mpg gains and noticeable throttle response and hp, they claimed 9 on site but I know I felt a difference as I did with my wifes Suburban.
This is my second HEMI, first is a 2007 Grand Cherokee which, freakin' rips with series 40 flowmaster and K&N CAI.

Now, for my RAM.

Noticeable difference in throttle response in all areas, off the line, rolling start and highway acceleration. She jumps when I put my foot in her now, not so much pre-K&N install. Site claims 15hp gain with this CAI. We will see what the MPG does if I can put my overweight foot on a diet.

The sound, well yes there is a difference, I dont hear sucking of air as much as I do growl from under the hood. From the exhaust, there is a slight difference but I know from experience that I will not be truly happy until I have a 22" Flowmaster on!

Anyhow, just thought I'd share, just some guy from Boston doing the work on his own with a limited budget looking for the best bang for his buck not sponsored or paid by anyone to use their stuff, sell there stuff or talk about their stuff. Not knocking guys who do but they do have a vested interest in giving props to the one who puts goodies in their hands whether product or cash.

My two cents, about what its worth.