View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Welcome to the forumz! You should drop into the Newbie section and introduce yourself. I don't know much about the 24" other than I have heard it is actually slightly louder then the 22" because the 24" is a 5x8 case and that 22" is a 5x11 case. I have been able to evaluate my 22" a little more andI love it just like everyone said I would. Its the perfect volume to let you know you have an aftermarket exhaust but never annoying or intrusive.

The universal mufflers do not come with hangers but it is very simple for an exhaust shop to weld a new muffler in using existing hangers. Mine is as secure as the stock muffler was.

That being said, Mufflex makes DIY bolt on/clamp on kits for the forth gens using Magnaflow mufflers. I believe their quietest one uses the 24" muffler. They will cost you a little more than purchasing a muffler and having it welded in. Hope this helps!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.