View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I have a work vehicle so my truck typically doesn't get driven much during the week but I did drive it in town a little last night. It's amazing how much quieter it is. I was afraid the 22" would be just a tad quieter than the 14" but not enough to justify the swap but that's not the case. It really does sound just a tad louder than stock at idle and while easing around. It sounds great and the tone really didn't change so you can certainly still tell it's an aftermarket exhaust. It really opens up and actually sounds the closest to the 14" when you step into the throttle. The one thing I haven't done yet is an interstate cruise to check the drone. It will be either Thursday or Friday before I'm able to do that but I will certainly report back. I expect to be pleased with it from what I have heard so far.

As for the low end loss....I dunno about that. I have read arguments both ways. Some guys say Magnaflows typically perform better than Flowmasters because they are a straight through design. Others say that our trucks need a certain amount of backpressure. I personally don't know. I do wonder sometimes if folks only perceive a loss of power with an aftermarket exhaust because it sounds like the truck is working harder. That bellow makes it much more apparent when the truck is bogging or having to downshift.

I think the 22" Maggie would be a good choice for you. It should help reduce the drone but should still sound good and be fairly loud when combined with the other exhaust mods that you have.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.