Old 09-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
boduke01d is on a distinguished road

i have a magnaflow on mine. not sure which size it is, but the muffler is decently loud, not as loud as i would like it but with the tailpipes off (all the way to the end of the muffler) it rumbles and crackles and vibrates the cab. not sure which resonator your referring to unless you mean the cat? when i had the tailpipes still on it and the tips it sounded pretty good. from what ive been told (although i dont know much about exhaust) it sounds as though bigger pipes give you deeper sound, smaller pipes give you loud ping-bursting your ear drums kind of loud. (like when dudes put 1.5 inch pipes and tips after the muffler -_- cant stand that shit). then again i think if you had like 4 inch pipes from muffler back it would sound deep, but you might lose pressure and thus loudness with it??? not sure, but thats the way it appears on all the exhaust sites. (kits usually come in 2.5 or 3 inch pipes and 3-4 inch SS tips).

because from the muffler back on mine is missing i will probably end up getting a cat back kit. i was thinking flowmaster super 44 series with 2.5 or 3 inch pipes back to 4-5 inch tips. but i dont know which size pipe (or inch length muffler) would be best for loudness (with a nice deep tone).

My friend has a flowmaster 40 series (i think) on his tahoe with 2.5 or 3 inch pipes back to side-shoot stainless tips. it sounds nice and deep, but its not as loud as my truck.