Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Rumble Bee
Trim Level: Rumble Bee
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
oneno is on a distinguished road

Had the ecm reflashed, the tech said it was behind by three updates, so now I have replaced the egr valve, the throttle body, cleaned the AIT, replaced the 2 forward 02 sensors, installed 2 new flowmaster high flow cats, checked plugs, checked for any vacuum air leaks around throttle body, performed the throttle sensor reset, and had the ECM reflashed and it still surges as if I'm giving it a quarter more throttle than I am during normal acceleration, till I let off the pedal. When it tops out during the surging if I let it, it lurches and stutters as if fuel starvation so I just ordered a new MAP Sensor and will install it when it arrives in a few day. When looking at the MAP Sensor I noticed it had the two mounting holes that showed wear from a previous installed sensor that must have been the original stock sensor. It looked like the original was the type that mounted with 2 bolts on either side but now it has the cheaper push in type? wonder why a truck that had less than 50k on the odo when I bought it in the spring would already have had the original map sensor replaced? and why wouldn't they replace it with the type that came stock? is there any difference between the 2 MAP sensors? Throughout all of this, the truck is not throwing ANY codes and no cel. no rich smelling exhaust and happens mostly while cold but still happens but with less frequency when warm.