View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Medic View Post
Today was the in-bed trailer plug and under bed rail light. I just tapped the battery and ground wires off the trailer plug wiring. The LED lights draw so little amperage that even if I forget and leave it on, it shouldn't be a problem unless it runs for days. If I ever find it becoming a problem I will just get an in line timer that will turn it off after a set number of minutes.

Here is a pic of the in-bed placement

And the light placed above it. The blue button is the on-off switch. You can see the rubber grommet that the wire runs through and then ties into the harness coming from the factory bumper plug. It was nice because it all essentially plug and play.

Since I was working in the bed, I went ahead and installed the Bull Ring Anchors. The front four went in fine, but I had to trim the plastic on the back two to make them fit.

Probably a stupid aesthetic thing but I love how the six stake pockets filled with those anchors match up with the bull rings that are in the bed with the gooseneck hitch. I guess it is my truck and as long as I am happy that is what matters right?

And here are the promised pics of where I mounted the heated seat switches.

How is it that you have the lights up there, is the two sided tape they came with strong enough or did you use something else. I'm just wondering when it heats up with the sun if it's going to fall off, I was thinking about doing the same thing I used those lights in green inside the cab but as soon as the heat hit they fell off ?

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.