View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

Today was the in-bed trailer plug and under bed rail light. I just tapped the battery and ground wires off the trailer plug wiring. The LED lights draw so little amperage that even if I forget and leave it on, it shouldn't be a problem unless it runs for days. If I ever find it becoming a problem I will just get an in line timer that will turn it off after a set number of minutes.

Here is a pic of the in-bed placement

And the light placed above it. The blue button is the on-off switch. You can see the rubber grommet that the wire runs through and then ties into the harness coming from the factory bumper plug. It was nice because it all essentially plug and play.

Since I was working in the bed, I went ahead and installed the Bull Ring Anchors. The front four went in fine, but I had to trim the plastic on the back two to make them fit.

Probably a stupid aesthetic thing but I love how the six stake pockets filled with those anchors match up with the bull rings that are in the bed with the gooseneck hitch. I guess it is my truck and as long as I am happy that is what matters right?

And here are the promised pics of where I mounted the heated seat switches.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread