View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White and Mineral Gray
Rep:232
Cowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura aboutCowboy Medic has a spectacular aura about

I also got my new Aux Switch Panel. I took it apart and compared the switches for my heated seats. I don't see any way that they would work inside the panel. I could see some other types of small switches being placed in there though. I guess it just depends on what and how a person is planning to use them. Here are some pics of the switch panel together and broken down on one of the blanks.

I actually kinda like the heated seat switch and would like to be able to see it when the seats are on to check settings or to make sure the passenger side is off if the passenger gets out of the truck, etc.

With the round design, I played around with the idea of drilling the bezel between where the Aux switches will go and the heater controls. This would create the two small rounds offset between the three large round ones of my manual climate controls. I won't know if that is feasable until I pull the bezel off and see how the plastic is formed behind there. I think it could look good though. Have to think about it before I drill.

This bezel photo is from my green one, and the white circles are my best engineering drawing, but you get the idea.

2012 Build Thread
My old 2011 Build Thread
My first Dodge photo thread

Last edited by Cowboy Medic; 05-23-2013 at 01:27 AM.