View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Chris, I'm glad that the update helped. The problem with the higher bitpool is that there is more compression. But Uconnect had to raise the bitpool rate to keep up with the phones, when they raised their bitpool rate then customers complained about some distortion. So they raised the rate to get away from distortion, another issue that happened because of this was that now there is more possibility of interference from other airwave sources and this can cause dropped packets from the phone to Uconnect which sounds like a record skipping.
A wired connection is direct and thus will send better, you have more control features and also you have the ability to charge the battery during playback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
I performed the recommended software update, and BT reliability was enhanced greatly. It paired easily with my phone (iPhone 4S), and I can control the functions of the music delivery (forward, back, play, pause) with the steering wheel and/or radio controls just fine (with a short delay).

The audio quality over this medium just isn't that great, though. It's highly compressed and not particularly dynamic, especially if you listen to music that has a high dynamic range. While I appreciate that I can stream music over BT, I find that I prefer when the device is plugged in, either through the glove box media plug or the 1/8" stereo plug on the front of the radio.

But that's just me And, of course, there's still the 40-ish GB HD in the unit, which is still empty at this point. I should really do something about that!

~Chris