DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   NAV-TV - MyGIG Integration - Dodge Ram Accessories (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Gps speed problem with Allgig and rhb on 2011 Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75670)

AndyT 02-28-2011 10:56 AM

Gps speed problem with Allgig and rhb on 2011 Ram

Just installed the Allgig this weekend. Pretty simple install. I am having problems with the nav though. Specifically, the speed no longer shows up on the nav screen. This also means the gps doesnt record the max speed etc...

Any ideas?

NAV-TV 03-04-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyT (Post 456885)
Just installed the Allgig this weekend. Pretty simple install. I am having problems with the nav though. Specifically, the speed no longer shows up on the nav screen. This also means the gps doesnt record the max speed etc...

Any ideas?

Andy,

I am sorry for some reason this thread just showed up on my screen.
Please call this # His name is Tony, He will take good care of you and
make sure it works correctly. 917-854-6883

AndyT 03-18-2011 04:03 PM

Sorry i haven't followed up. I called and spoke with Tony. He said that in order to have video in motion, the gps speed is disabled. He could help me with a toggle switch to select between the two but It doesn't bother me that gps speed is disabled.

Thanks for the help.

NAV-TV 03-19-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyT (Post 475647)
Sorry i haven't followed up. I called and spoke with Tony. He said that in order to have video in motion, the gps speed is disabled. He could help me with a toggle switch to select between the two but It doesn't bother me that gps speed is disabled.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for posting the update. I am here if you need anything
at all.

ditttoo 03-24-2011 12:08 PM

Is there a trade off then? The GPS does not post speed with the Allgig?

Are there other "tradeoffs" altering the factory funtionalities?

NAV-TV 03-24-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditttoo (Post 481430)
Is there a trade off then? The GPS does not post speed with the Allgig?

Are there other "tradeoffs" altering the factory funtionalities?

No. The vehicle cannot effectively track gps mileage while the video is playing. But once you switch back to nav from video the gps will recalibrate.

ditttoo 03-25-2011 10:23 AM

Thanks for the quick response! Seems reasonable but nice to know "the details" in making a decision.

NAV-TV 03-25-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditttoo (Post 482341)
Thanks for the quick response! Seems reasonable but nice to know "the details" in making a decision.

You're welcome. I am a vendor on 11 z forums and we have 100's of satisfied customers. We offer awesome customer service and tech support. Please call me if you would like to order your new toy and remember I offer 10% off to z members.