DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Getting a new door and tailgate re-painted (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=72173)

Juice420 01-22-2011 09:02 PM

Getting a new door and tailgate re-painted
 
Went to the dealer early this morning to have them look at my driver's door. I noticed Thursday that when the door was fully opened and I tried to close it, it was hard to close and would make a clunking noise once it was at the stop point on the hinge.
Well, come to find out, the dealer said that they have seen this before. My service manager has an 09 and it happened to his also. So, he said their going to replace the WHOLE door.:SHOCKED:
So, I told him that the body shop might as well re-paint the tailgate while my truck was there. I showed the service manager the bubbles on the lower corner of the tailgate and he agreed.
Now, I need to call Monday and set up an appointment with the body shop so they can take some pics and report to Chrysler.
Everyone with a 4th gen. keep an eye out for the doors!!

KennyPowers 01-22-2011 09:07 PM

Good luck! It took them 1 hour to fix 2 small scratches on my tail gate, and 1 week to fix 2 small scratches on the passenger side of the bed! I thought I noticed a clunking noise when I closed me door the other day... :SHOCKED:

Juice420 01-22-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 420357)
Good luck! It took them 1 hour to fix 2 small scratches on my tail gate, and 1 week to fix 2 small scratches on the passenger side of the bed! I thought I noticed a clunking noise when I closed me door the other day... :SHOCKED:

It's all good as long as they give me a loaner......

KennyPowers 01-22-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 420359)
It's all good as long as they give me a loaner......

Oh I got a loaner all right. Through enterprise of course. A damn Hyundai Accent!

Juice420 01-22-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 420361)
Oh I got a loaner all right. Through enterprise of course. A damn Hyundai Accent!

Yeah well, I'm just glad this is all covered under warranty.

KennyPowers 01-22-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 420366)
Yeah well, I'm just glad this is all covered under warranty.

I would recommend taking your truck to westborn. They don't have a Ram franchise yet, but they're great there. I had paint work done there on my ram. A trailer got backed into my rear quarter and they fixed it in 2 days!

Juice420 01-22-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 420368)
I would recommend taking your truck to westborn. They don't have a Ram franchise yet, but they're great there. I had paint work done there on my ram. A trailer got backed into my rear quarter and they fixed it in 2 days!

Thanks man, I'll look into it.

KennyPowers 01-22-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 420374)
Thanks man, I'll look into it.

No problem. Plus you can grab some burgers at millers since you'll be on Michigan Ave. ;)

Juice420 01-22-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyPowers (Post 420376)
No problem. Plus you can grab some burgers at millers since you'll be on Michigan Ave. ;)

Miller's huh? Never been there.

KennyPowers 01-22-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juice420 (Post 420379)
Miller's huh? Never been there.

What!?!?!?!? Best burgers in the state! http://www.millersbar.com/
On michigan ave just east of telegraph.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger