DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   180 tstat (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60974)

Bluesport 09-07-2010 01:50 AM

180 tstat

When exchaging your stock tstat for a 180 do u have to have a diablo to tell ur ECM that you've exchanged it so it could function properly or is no tune required afterwards for proper function I just don't want any cel coming on or my truck start acting weird or waste more fuel for not goin into closed loop

City Slicker 09-07-2010 07:19 PM

:icon_bump:

ScatPak07 09-07-2010 07:39 PM

I changed mine as well in my truck. In the Diablosport Tuner is does not have anything for the temp change on the truck. I have one as well and after I put the tstat in that was it haha. The truck runs cooler still. I was kinda pissed that the tuner doesn't allow you to change it. I was told the preset tunes have something in it to change it but you cant do it yourself. I guess when you throw the tune in it does it already. (I dont know thats what I was told, who knows if that true or not).

I know mine didn't, if anyone else has PLEASE TELL ME hahaha. I know the DS tuner for the Hemi cars allows the change, but not in the trucks.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-07-2010 10:53 PM

No tune necessary unless you have a factory electric fan . You would need to lower the fan settings .

Bluesport 09-07-2010 11:26 PM

Thank you for replying for a second I thought no one would help so I can change my tstat to a 180 with no modifications to my stock ECM? And there will b no problems with cel or the truck running weird or missing? The reason I'm so worried is because on the ls1 when u swap the tstat the computer has to b tuned for the vehicle to run correctly

doz 09-08-2010 12:15 AM

No, like stated above, you dont need to tune anything UNLESS you have electric fans (no fan clutch, which you have stock). You do have electric fan, but its not the primary cooling fan so its not needed.

No CEL from cooler temps either.

Bluesport 09-08-2010 01:15 AM

Thank you guys for the info just wanted to make this mod would b ok to do without messing with anything else thank you very much again I will b ordering my 180 tstat probably one of the best mods for the money in my opinion

CajunDodge 09-08-2010 02:13 PM

I agree, it is a good mod, and nope you should have no problems just swapping it out.

- Cajun

chefred112 09-08-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesport (Post 304018)
Thank you guys for the info just wanted to make this mod would b ok to do without messing with anything else thank you very much again I will b ordering my 180 tstat probably one of the best mods for the money in my opinion

hey Bluesport..where are you in Norcal? a few of us are goin to Sacramento raceway sunday (12th) for Mopar day and draggin our trucks...you should come out..:smiley_thumbs_up:

garyad 09-08-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesport (Post 304018)

Can you tell me what this does for ya?