DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Factory Dual Exhaust and Bumper on a 3.6? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155982)

blackrain86 10-17-2013 08:40 PM

Factory Dual Exhaust and Bumper on a 3.6?

I have to replace my rear bumper on my truck (2013 Ram with the 3.6), due to someone putting a good dent in it. I have the ability to get a factory dual exhaust bumper and dual exhaust from another 2013 Ram, but with the 5.7. From what I can find is that the exhaust pipe behind the Y pipe/Cat is the same 3 Inch diameter. Anyone know why this wouldn't work or what I would have to modify or would want to?

roo 10-17-2013 08:45 PM

I'll bet it would work with little or no modifications. Should be a nice modification, have to post some pictures afterwards for us.

LabattZ 10-18-2013 11:58 AM

definitely interested in hearing how easy/difficult of a swap this is

also interested in hearing (hint hint, take a video) how it sounds

blackrain86 10-22-2013 12:09 AM

So I picked up a dual exhaust bumper and the factory dual exhaust. I ordered two rubber hangers after looking at the part diagram.

I will take pictures and also take video of the sound before and after. I am debating of an aftermarket muffler. I was looking at subtle sound but better flow. Does anyone know what mangaflow would replace the stock 5.7 dual muffler and if its a direct swap?

chrisze1 10-22-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrain86 (Post 1226509)
So I picked up a dual exhaust bumper and the factory dual exhaust. I ordered two rubber hangers after looking at the part diagram.

I will take pictures and also take video of the sound before and after. I am debating of an aftermarket muffler. I was looking at subtle sound but better flow. Does anyone know what mangaflow would replace the stock 5.7 dual muffler and if its a direct swap?

I am very interested to see how this turns out for you.

blackrain86 10-29-2013 10:16 PM

The truck goes in for some paint touch up tomorrow. So to save some money and allow me to customize the truck, I took the bumper, tonneau cover, chrome bed rail, bed rail plastic off of the truck. I got ambitious and switched out the exhaust minus the chrome tips.

Good news, it all bolted together very easy. Bad news, it was a pain in the a$$ to get the existing off. Its just bolted together, but between the rubber grommets and the exhaust partially fused together, it took some work to get it off the truck.

The exhaust sounds good. There is a little more rumble and you can notice it more when you kick it down. I wasn't looking for much more sound, more the look, but I am happy with the sound.

I will upload some pictures once I get the truck back and get the bumper and chrome tips on. I also have some sound clips of before and after, but it didn't pick up the sound very good.

blackrain86 11-02-2013 05:23 AM

Ok Everyone. I got it back from the body shop today. I got the bumper and the exhaust tips on. It looks awesome, but with the remaining exhaust (chrome exhaust tips) on and pushed passed the edge of the box, it sounds even better. Nice sound and no drone (had a slight drone at 2000 RPM until the exhaust tips were put on).

The videos don't really do it justice but give you an idea of before an after.

Before Video: http://youtu.be/MUgDAaDtk3M
After Video: http://youtu.be/sRjVy77AQzg

Also I tried to upload some photos but I keep getting this message:
Your graphic is too small! Please upload a larger one.

They are few hundred KB like my other pictures so I am guessing a error on the upload process. Tried in both Firefox and IE.

rrgmrg 11-02-2013 08:50 AM

Awesome, my only regret in getting the V6 was no dual exhaust, looks great. Do you hapen know how much the Mopar bumper runs? Did you can any boost in your mileage?

Ford Killa 11-02-2013 09:37 AM

looks good sounds good.

blackrain86 11-02-2013 10:21 AM

A brand new no discount bumper retails around $500 (using existing brackets and step pad). You can find them on discount mopar sites, rock auto and others for $200 - $300. I found mine on craigslist, mine came with bumper brackets and step pad. It had some minor scuffs on the underside of the bumper (not visible unless completely under the truck) for $140. I needed the brackets. I also paid $100 for the factory exhaust off a 2013 ram with 800 miles on it.

If you don't want the factory exhaust or can't find any, all cat back systems for the hemi single and dual exhaust will bolt on. I don't know why none of the systems say they will work on the 3.6 unless its just because they haven't tested or don't feel the tone is good.

You will need to purchase one exhaust rubber hanger (the metal part is on the frame already). The part number is: 52103718AB and can be found on ebay and other places for about $15 shipped.