DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   6" lift question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=155861)

Solomon0619 10-16-2013 12:41 PM

6" lift question

I want to buy a 6" RCX lift I know that. My question is if I have 2.75" rake if I dont do any bilsteins my rear lift will be 6 up front and 4 in the rear leaving a .75" rake (which Im okay with), is my math and thinking correct here? Just want to know if there is anything else I need to order other than the 6"RCX kit? Appreciate any input...

gonefishin776 10-16-2013 12:53 PM

that's pretty correct. people that do use the bilsteins to completely level on top of the RCX kit go with the 0.7 setting or the 1.4 depending on the severity of the rake.

i think it boils down to your truck and how it settles with the lift. it might have just enough rake, or a tad too much. if you have the $$ i'd go ahead and put the bilsteins on.

brandonjansen 10-16-2013 01:01 PM

The RCX lift spacers are actually 5.5" and the rear coils provide 4.5" of lift. So the kit itselft only eliminates 1" of rake. So without Bilstiens you'd be left with 1.75" of rake which is too much IMO. Lifted trucks with rake just look wrong to me... With Bilsteins at 0.7" you'll have 1.05" of rake and with them at 1.4" you'll have 0.35" of rake which is essentially dead level.

gonefishin776 10-16-2013 01:14 PM

I knew brandon would come save the day!!!!!!

he knows^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Solomon0619 10-16-2013 02:46 PM

Okay think I got that. Also should I buy the kicker bar with it too? And any advice on best place to get the kit and bilsteins? Im having the kit installed at a shop but was wondering if I could put the bilsteins in first myself to save some shop labor?

brandonjansen 10-16-2013 02:54 PM

I bought the kicker bars for my 1500 for one, because the looked cool... and two, when you're spending that much on a lift $90 for a little extra rigidity is not much to pay. I'd say go for it.

Contact the guys at Bully's Performance for the lift and Bilsteins. They'll hook you up with the best pricing. Just mention that you're a forum member and everything that you're looking for and they'll set you up a custom cart on their website. Contact Eric or Jeremiah at sales@bullysperformance.com.

As far as installing the Bilsteins yourself, it isn't really worth it as they would just need to come back out again. You would save a little bit of money by swapping over the hardware onto them but that's really only 20 minutes worth of work in the shop.

Solomon0619 10-17-2013 10:57 AM

Thanks for the help! One last question, I have fuel throttle 20x9 +1 offset wheels with 35s now. Will I need to get any kind of spacers with these wheels?

brandonjansen 10-17-2013 11:59 AM

Nope, those wheels will fit no problem.