DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   True Dual Super 10 Mega Cab (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=154224)

rking6 09-29-2013 03:25 PM

True Dual Super 10 Mega Cab

I have a 6" lift and 35" toyos on my Mega but want it to be louder. This is what i was thinking for a new exhaust.

True dual Flowmaster Super 10 mufflers 2.5" in and out, remove stock Y pipe and put in Magnaflow X pipe 2.25" in and out, take out resonators and put straight pipe in its place, and maybe 4" tips.

The truck is a 2006, so is there just one rear resonator and one between Y pipe and muffer or something like that? As far as cutouts go, i dont know much about them other than electrical are pretty expensive especially if i need two of them. If I use any it might be manual. So i would have to go underneath and close it myself when I wanted to-again I dont know much about them.

Any advice on the setup and how much do you think this would cost parts+labor?
Thanks in advance

oldbluehairhemi 09-29-2013 03:54 PM

I would stick with the same size pipe. Do 2.5" the whole way. As far as cost something like that setup is going to be labor intensive. A lot of welding and cutting. Just a thought also magnaflow high flow cats while you're in there

05ram 09-29-2013 08:10 PM

Should sound incredible, post pics and vids when done for sure......

rking6 09-30-2013 06:18 PM

I was told 2.25" pipe to the X pipe would help keep some velocity. That size pipe would be ideal for the entire truck but it wouldnt fit the Super 10s

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-30-2013 07:39 PM

Holy hell that will be an amazing sound.. I will be able to hear you here in Canada when you put it to the floor.

rking6 09-30-2013 08:19 PM

Hopefully it sounds good, might make a few tweaks depending on what the guys at the shop say. Ill probably take it to the performance shop that put on the lift and wheels rather than a local muffler shop.

Gecko 10-01-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rking6 (Post 1211292)
I was told 2.25" pipe to the X pipe would help keep some velocity. That size pipe would be ideal for the entire truck but it wouldnt fit the Super 10s

Any exhaust shop that can do a decent exhaust can make the super 10s fit that pipe size. Its extremely easy to accomplish

rking6 10-01-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 1211647)
Any exhaust shop that can do a decent exhaust can make the super 10s fit that pipe size. Its extremely easy to accomplish

Alright well thats good to know!

rking6 10-06-2013 05:12 PM

High flow cats

Now I was thinking about replacing the stock cats and getting a couple Magnaflow High Flows, but are they really worth it for the price? Do they help with sound at all or do you just get an extra 5 hp with them? Another thing ive thought of is electric cutouts, they might just be too expensive on top of everything else.

sonnyw421 10-09-2013 08:50 AM

I did mine the cheapest way, cut the whole thing off at the cab and added about a foot past the cab (for inspection here in VA). I know it's not ideal for performance, but I've got an 06 5.7L Mega with a 5" lift on 37s and haven't regeared her yet (not worried about going fast). Sound is awesome! I like 'em loud, but when you are just cruising it sounds stock.... when you lay on it she roars! I'm going to replace the Y-pipe soon though and do an X-pipe.