DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Towing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Tow mirrors (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153420)

Gargiulo 09-20-2013 12:55 AM

Tow mirrors

Anyone want to swap mirrors? I have tow mirrors and want smaller ones. Possible sport mirrors. Anyone know where to buy a set of sport mirrors?

texasmedic 09-20-2013 06:11 AM

I would be willing to trade you for mine off a 2013 express but I will be out of the country until the end of October :(

DDE1983 09-20-2013 01:29 PM

I posted the same thing and haven't gotten any hits on it. Honestly, I thought there would be people out there who would want towing mirrors. Damn things are expensive and I'm willing to GIVE mine away for a set of Sport mirrors!!

mikeysotp 09-20-2013 02:46 PM

It's only human nature that if someone, somewhere, is bitching about the towing mirrors then there has got to be someone, somewhere, bitching about the regular ones. I have the towing mirrors and yeah they are kind of big but I don't mind them. If someone tows a lot I would think they would prefer them over the standard ones.

BTW, I'm not saying the OP is bitching because he really doesn't seem to be but lately it seems that either I am turning into a crotchety old man or there is a TON of bitching on this forum. I mean really, WTF?

Champ1264 09-20-2013 03:15 PM

I've got the tow mirrors also and would prefer the standard size power fold mirrors. The problem I've read on various posts here is that you (individuals, techs, dealers) can't get the power fold feature to work. Something in the software that prohibits this from being enabled. Guess I'm stuck with my tow mirrors too.

bigbody 09-20-2013 04:18 PM

The reasoning behind people not jumping out to swap with you is because its not as simple as just swapping mirrors anymore a number of people have tried and not all functions work when changed I would love to have tow mirrors but I have power folding mirrors so don't believe they can be swapped

Eric32688 09-20-2013 09:32 PM

I'd be interested in swapping you as well if you're still interested. I have a 2013 Express with the standard black mirrors. As far as I know if we both have a 2013 with temp sensor in the mirror housing, and neither of us have turn signals in the mirror or power-fold, then we should be a direct swap. Let me know if you're still interested....and since I don't have the required 25 post count for a PM I'll check this thread for a response.

DDE1983 09-21-2013 06:42 PM

Champ, I have talked to Dodge about this and they said it is nothing more than switching out the modules in the door as well.

Ex: If I have the tow mirrors and someone else had the sport mirrors, we would have to switch out both the mirrors and the modules which really isn't that difficult.

DDE1983 09-21-2013 06:43 PM

I'm bitching about my mirrors because they were already on the truck when I bought it. If I would have ordered it myself, I have a preference for the Sport mirrors.

Gargiulo 09-21-2013 07:26 PM

Well there you have it!! If anyone wants to swap mirrors and module, I'm down.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDE1983 (Post 1205185)
I'm bitching about my mirrors because they were already on the truck when I bought it. If I would have ordered it myself, I have a preference for the Sport mirrors.