DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Any luck with Green HIDS? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=153418)

Thebestestdrummer 09-19-2013 11:02 PM

Any luck with Green HIDS?

Has anyone had any luck with green HIDs? What brand? Cost?

Thanks

Ryank 09-20-2013 12:48 AM

the only green hids you can get are from ebay and honestly they are crap! just get some nice 6ks or something.

Thebestestdrummer 09-20-2013 01:01 AM

yeah...... but........ green.......

Canadian Hemi Pride 09-20-2013 07:15 AM

No Green HID's lol.. I have seen them before and they suck for light output . Headlights is one of the things where its better to be safe then drive around with a green light that is worst then stock.

6000k are real nice to have, had them since December and have saved from truckin into Bambi a few times... between 4000k-5000k is I believe pure white.. A lot of cars that come stock with HID's have that. My dads Caddy has them and they make everything clear.

CdnoilRAM 09-20-2013 07:46 AM

If you feel adventurous, try picking up a set of the smoked projector headlights from ebay, bake them open, install a green LED ring or LEDs into the housing and seal it back up. This would give you green lighting when you want it, plus add a set of HIDs and you've got the best of both worlds.

Asur 09-20-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 1204017)
If you feel adventurous, try picking up a set of the smoked projector headlights from ebay, bake them open, install a green LED ring or LEDs into the housing and seal it back up. This would give you green lighting when you want it, plus add a set of HIDs and you've got the best of both worlds.

Agree 100% here :smileup:

Grubrunner 09-20-2013 09:58 AM

Just wondering why you're opting for the color green?

Thebestestdrummer 09-20-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

I might try that when i get some extra cash. Whats the best place to get led rings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1204091)

Cause green is a cool color, and lately I've been putting alloott of green in my truck. Might as well go all out! haha plus there needs to be some more green in the front.

MurderedOne87 09-20-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

AGREED... I have seen it before on another truck and it is awesome!! For sure your best bet!!

CdnoilRAM 09-20-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1204091)

Because green is awesome :smileup: I have the RGB halos in mine that I run green to match my paint job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer (Post 1204180)
I might try that when i get some extra cash. Whats the best place to get led rings?

I have used AAC for all my halos. I've installed 5 different sets now, and the only set I ever had to replace from LEDs burning out was a set from Flashtech that I was trying when AAC's were on backorder for an expected 12months. My biggest tip is to use silicone to adhere them to whatever surface, not their supplied 3M tape or epoxy; the silicone allows some movement/shock and stays flexible at low temps.