DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Aftermarket Brakes (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Hmm...no big brake kits for Ram 1500 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150287)

skytop 08-13-2013 03:49 PM

Hmm...no big brake kits for Ram 1500

I just called Wilwood, Brembo and SSBC asking for brake kit (rotors & calipers) for the Ram 1500 front.
To may amazement, Brembo stated that due to low demand, they don't make any kits or components for late model Rams. Wilwood stated they don't offer any for Rams beyond 2008. SSBC said they don't make any as well.

Has anyone found a quality big brake kit for the late model Rams front brakes? Have a link and part number?

skytop 08-13-2013 05:21 PM

No majors providing kits for Ram trucks.

Went with Power Stop Extreme Brake Kit 4-Wheel Brake Kit.

HemiLonestar 08-13-2013 08:25 PM

I sold my old spindles to a guy with a 4th gen; he said he did research and claimed they would fit his 4th gen. If that is so, then SRT spindles will fit (like I used), allowing you to mount SRT calipers. I think that's what Mopar did when they made that 'Urban Ram' for SEMA.

skytop 08-13-2013 08:36 PM

I already ordered the Power Stop Extreme Truck & Tow Brake Kit so I will stay with that. However, I thank you for the suggestion. Since performance calipers are so difficult to come by, perhaps I will follow up on your suggestion.

I find it remarkable that virtually no major brake company makes brake kits for the Ram line of trucks. Power Stop doesn't even make front calipers for the Ram trucks. I am upgrading the brakes because I find factory brakes are marginal at best and unacceptable with a load on a grade.

hydrex 08-13-2013 08:46 PM

I'm surprised the stock brakes aren't enough. I'm pretty amazed how good the brakes are on my 05. Wish the brakes on my RT Magnum were as good. I've towed a 10,000 lb trailer with crappy trailer brakes, no problem.

TheSatinPumpkin 08-13-2013 11:40 PM

UNBROKEN has some pizza size stoppers.

battlerattle 08-14-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrex (Post 1175843)
I'm surprised the stock brakes aren't enough. I'm pretty amazed how good the brakes are on my 05. Wish the brakes on my RT Magnum were as good. I've towed a 10,000 lb trailer with crappy trailer brakes, no problem.

That is sort of why I think there really isn't a high demand. The factory brakes are amazing for a off the line truck. Think about it guys. My 7k lb Power Wagon will stop 60-0 in 140 feet. I know modern cars that have trouble with that.

rdsabin 08-14-2013 08:54 AM

I don't care for the brakes in my Ram either, but that is because I got spoiled by the Brembo's on my Super Bee. They are amazing for stoppage power.

Grubrunner 08-14-2013 08:56 AM

EBC makes an upgrade - HERE

I agree with a few here.

The OEM brakes are pretty damn impressive.

A pad upgrade makes a difference. It did to me.

HemiLonestar 08-14-2013 07:05 PM

4 piston calipers with 15" rotors up front, 2 piston calipers in the back. I about kissed the windshield first time I bedded the pads in.