DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Headlight HALO help? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150225)

Thebestestdrummer 08-12-2013 10:04 PM

Headlight HALO help?

So right now I'm looking at THESE headlights because they're cheap and they look like basically what i want.

My question is how do I get all 4 HALOs on one switch?
Will these work with HIDs on both the high and low beams?
Anyone know of Fog lights with the same color HALO ring?
Or a kit with headlights and fogs with blueish HALO rings like this?

Thanks!

LINK TO HEADLIGHTS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

RogerRamJet 08-13-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer (Post 1175000)
So right now I'm looking at THESE headlights because they're cheap and they look like basically what i want.

My question is how do I get all 4 HALOs on one switch?
Will these work with HIDs on both the high and low beams?
Anyone know of Fog lights with the same color HALO ring?
Or a kit with headlights and fogs with blueish HALO rings like this?

Thanks!

I can't speak to the last two questions, but the first two are fairly simple. On the back of your housing, you will see a plethora of wires coming from your halo and LED lights. More than likely, white (positive) and black (negative). Slice all the whites with each other, then all the blacks with each other. Finally, on your OEM wire harness, find which wire is hot for your running lights and splice the white bundle in to it. Splice the black bundle into your ground. Now when you turn your running lights on, the halo and LED lights will turn on. Of course, test them before you mount your housing.
Secondly, you are not going to need to put HID's in your high beams. Mostly because the projector low beam is going to light the world up so much you won't need the highs. But, also, beinst the high socket is not projector style, the very bright light will be scattered to where everyone in front of you will be blinded.
Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! Good luck with the install and post some pics when you get it done.

Thebestestdrummer 08-13-2013 09:48 AM

how can i do that with the wire harness that comes with it? would it be easier to put it on a separate switch?

Thebestestdrummer 08-13-2013 09:50 AM

also, i drive back roads with no other cars often. Roads with deer.. brighter is better haha.

RogerRamJet 08-13-2013 11:46 AM

On the set of Spyders that I put on my truck, the halo and LED wires were separate from the main harness.
I kept my brights stock, but I did put HID's in my fogs and they really light up the night sky.

Thebestestdrummer 08-13-2013 01:41 PM

yeah, so how can i tie into the running lights with the harness?

i plan on getting some new fogs too, i might put HIDS in them, too.

RogerRamJet 08-13-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebestestdrummer (Post 1175521)
yeah, so how can i tie into the running lights with the harness?

I would need to see the back of your housing and the harness. Got any pics?

GilAlex 08-13-2013 05:29 PM

Go to iJDMTOY.com and order the Daytime Running light harness AA1070.

Wire your LEDs and Halo rings to it. It is motion activated so they come on all by them selves. You could wire up your DRLs to it too.

I have Spyder HID headlights on my 2013 RAM 1500 Express with the above harness. They look and work killer.

Thebestestdrummer 08-13-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1175665)
I would need to see the back of your housing and the harness. Got any pics?

theres some "all right" pics in the link in the first post.

That harness would work great except i park and turn my lights to show them off alot, with the engine off and no vibrations for it to pick up.

RogerRamJet 08-13-2013 11:22 PM

Good. Saw the back of the unit in the picture. The black and white wires are separate from the main harness. Those are the ones you'll want to splice in to your parking lights. I looked, but I don't have any pics of when I did mine to post. I can take some when I get back home on Saturday if you need something to go on. Any chance you're in the DFW area? I would be willing to help you out if so. If not, I'm pretty confident I could talk you through it. It's really not hard at all.