DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=139401)

MangoTangoMofo 04-14-2013 01:24 PM

RC Level, XD rims,35" Toyo MT's, Short Review & PICTURES!

6 Attachment(s)
I posted plenty of pictures for you all to enjoy!

The level/lift:

After weeks of back and fourth and HOURS of cruising this awesome forum I finally decided to level my beloved 2010 Mango Tango 4X4 Quad Cab Sport with a Rough Country FR/RR kit. I installed a 2.5” spacer in the front and a 1.75” coil spacer in the rear. I chose this set up because I use my truck as a truck. I hunt with it, fish with it and every spring I drive off into the mountains and pretend I’m a lumber jack (and I’m ok♪) and get all of my firewood for the winter. I didn’t want to have my nose to high up in the air when there is 1000lbs+ of wood in the back, so I’m hoping the little bit of lift in the rear will help with that.

The Wheels:

Again, after spending HOURS on this forum drooling over all of your gorgeous trucks I decided that I wanted to do something a little different and run a wheel that I haven’t seen yet. I knew that I wanted a 0 offset to avoid any rubbing and I also decided to drop my stock 20’s and run a 17” rim since tires are WAY cheaper and I like the extra cushion on logging roads. The wheels I chose are the XD series Crank with the Matte/Machined finish. I have to say that the pictures don’t do this rim justice. It looks terrible on the internet but in person, wrapped in a mud terrain tire it made me excited in my swim suit area. In person it looks bad a$$ and my wife describes it as “mean” so mission accomplished!

The Tires:

Another reason I wanted to run a leveling kit was to clear 35” tires. I decided to run Toyo M/T’s in 35x12.5x17. A big thank you to Grubrunner for his excellent review of this tire and everyone else who posted great information on this thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=134289 for those thinking of bilsteins and Toyo’s do yourself a favor and read his thread… Hope you don’t mind me posting it ;)

The verdict:

I couldn’t be happier with my set up. I have zero rubbing and had to do zero trimming and I also have zero vibrations. The Tires stick out about 1.5 inches from the fender well which is exactly the look I was going for. I love a wide stance and a meaty tire on a truck and that is exactly what I got. The best part about the setup is people think I lifted the truck, when you install a rear coil spacer it really changes the look and I find that the 35’s don’t look “stuffed.”

I wish I would have taken some before and after measurements for you guys but it completely slipped my mind. The ride is a bit harsher, but I’m not sure if that’s because I’m finally running a real LT rated tire or because of the leveling kit… personally I think it’s a combination of both, but don’t let this deter you.

Enjoy!!!

Ryanb 04-14-2013 02:03 PM

Great looking truck, love the color.

MangoTangoMofo 04-14-2013 02:14 PM

Thanks! It's the color that sold the truck. I had no intentions of buying a truck that day until I walked though the dealership and saw this one in Mango... we shared a glance and a joy ride and the rest is history.

Ryanb 04-14-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo (Post 1069480)
Thanks! It's the color that sold the truck. I had no intentions of buying a truck that day until I walked though the dealership and saw this one in Mango... we shared a glance and a joy ride and the rest is history.

hahah. Any future mods planned? I was going to get 35x12.50s soon but i didn't want any rubbing so i'm going to wait and get them when i purchase my 6" lift this summer :)

dwanton 04-14-2013 02:30 PM

very nice -- thanks for sharing

MangoTangoMofo 04-14-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanb (Post 1069495)
hahah. Any future mods planned? I was going to get 35x12.50s soon but i didn't want any rubbing so i'm going to wait and get them when i purchase my 6" lift this summer :)

Ohhhh yes I have plenty planned for the future. We might be moving across the country back to Ontario so I have to be conservative with the finances right now. In the near future I’m planning on de-badging the RAM emblems and painting the others black, painting the Toolbox black and rocker-guarding the side steps black. Installing a Yakima roof rack to carry the canoe and an S&B cold air intake.

When I bought the truck they tossed in the 7 year 150000KM bumper to bumper warranty which still has 4 years left on it so I’m leaving the motor alone for now. But on its 7 year birthday she’s getting headers (hopefully JBA makes a long tube by then) with an E-cutout right after the Y-pipe. A larger throttle body and I’ll be purchasing a tuner to get the best out of my mods, most likely a diablo sport.

I already have a custom Magnaflow Catback with the 5x11x22” muffler and a resonator delete, a bed liner and toolbox with a custom made Truxedo tonneau cover.

... When you lift your rig be sure to post plenty of pics! I love a lifted RAM but I just couldn't swing it.

Ryanb 04-14-2013 03:08 PM

Your truck will look awsome :smileup: i was thinking of headers myself too but I'm still unsure. I'll definitely post pics when everything is done!

fastNugly @ BP 04-14-2013 06:13 PM

Looks amazing!
Love the username too .....LOL

MangoTangoMofo 04-14-2013 07:05 PM

Thanks Fast! I took me forever to think of something when I signed up on this forum.

fastNugly @ BP 04-14-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoTangoMofo (Post 1069663)
Thanks Fast! I took me forever to think of something when I signed up on this forum.

Well welcome to the forum. I see you're in BC
If you need anything we service canadian greatly.