DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   2012 Uconnect update for streaming audio (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108564)

xsdbs 03-26-2012 07:21 PM

2012 Uconnect update for streaming audio

Let me know if there's a different place to put this, ok.
I told you that I would let you know when the 2012 Uconnect SW update was released. The dealers received it today. The TSB # is 08-018-12. Below is just the highlight of the TSB. This TSB is for the 2012 vehicles built prior to 1-1-2012 and have the following radios (RES,REQ,RHB,RBZ) and have the Uconnect system. This update has nothing to do with the radio, only the external UC module.
OK, so now you're wondering "can I do the update or do I have to take it to the dealer. Give me a couple days to work on this, I do have the file but I need to call a couple of the dealers to see if they can find it in their STAR system. Once I can confirm that they have it (but probably don't know what to do, even though the procedures will be the same as the TSB from last year and some dealers still claim there is no such TSB) Then I should be able to help further.
Stay tuned.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer satisfaction enhancements are included with this software release:
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
protocol).
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE: USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF

For those with the Iphone 4s, SIRI will not work with the Uconnect system after this update. The reason is the Chrysler had some features changed. (1 of these features Apple rode on to support SIRI) These features were changed in late 2010 and the SW was tested on the phones that were available at that time. The SW was again tested in June of 2011 again with more phones that were available at that time. Chrysler ok'd the SW at that time to start the production of the Uconnect modules. Most of the phone manufactures have and NDA ( this is a legal document known as a "Non Disclosure Application") signed by the suppliers and the phone manufacturer. They will sometime send new prototypes to be tested by the Uconnect supplier. If there are issues, then they both work together to find the fix. Apple does not do this at all, so the only Apple products that can be tested while the Supplier is writing the SW is with the device and its SW that is available at that time. Apple did not come out with the Iphone 4s until October of 2011 which was after the Uconnect modules were built and started to be shipped.
You may ask, "well why did it work in my 2011 or my V1 2012 vehicle. The features & SW were still being worked on for the 2012 vehicles and were not ready to be built for the V1 2012 vehicles, so the V1 was still using the features of the 2011 Uconnect system and the real 2012 Uconnect SW came into play with the V2 vehicle builds. Apple has been notified of this issue more than 4 months ago, so now it's a waiting game to see what they do now.

Redrock 03-26-2012 08:50 PM

Keep us posted!!

caleb032 03-29-2012 01:36 PM

Yes please keep us posted. I have used several different BT systems and several different makes and models and the uconnect is lacking. So hopefully this will help

GTyankee 03-29-2012 02:34 PM

A lot of members who have the RBZ, Uconnect, & Iphones are going to be happy campers

xsdbs 03-30-2012 12:40 PM

I will try to get the info up on mediafire this weekend and then post the link to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 762804)
A lot of members who have the RBZ, Uconnect, & Iphones are going to be happy campers

Miami Son 03-30-2012 10:33 PM

What about cell phone compatibility updates? I can't believe my Samsung SGSII, probably the most popular phone AT$T and others have right now, is not on the current list of compatible phones. Would really like to be able to download my phonebook to the truck.:doh:

Is there a way to find out if this TSB has already been done to my truck? I just got it on 3/9, but I don't trust my dealer to be on top of stuff like this.

GTyankee 03-31-2012 01:44 AM

The list of compatible phones is not a complete list

Just because your phone is not on the list, it just has not been tested by them

My phone is not on the list & works great
i recently d/l the new upgrade & now the phone book is working almost 100%
it never did before the upgrade

Miami Son 03-31-2012 08:54 AM

My phone works fine except for when I try to download my phonebook it says not compatible. That's why I want to know how to find out if I have this latest update or not. When you say you downloaded the latest update, what exactly do you mean? You did it yourself?:4-dontknow:

xsdbs 04-01-2012 12:01 PM

very true about the compatible phone list. Chrysler is quite behind with it. They are supposedly working on a new Uconnect website that will be more up to date but...
GTyankee, what upgrade did you DL? The one for the phone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 764002)
The list of compatible phones is not a complete list

Just because your phone is not on the list, it just has not been tested by them

My phone is not on the list & works great
i recently d/l the new upgrade & now the phone book is working almost 100%
it never did before the upgrade

xsdbs 04-01-2012 12:07 PM

There are several different Galaxy S2 phones. Which network are you on? The PB should DL automatically with each ignition key cycle as well as the initial pairing. At the original pairing did you select "Always" & "accept" when the request to DL your PB came up.
Are your contacts linked to the local PB, SIM card, Google, Active Sync or any other account?
You mentioned "trying to DL them". Are you trying to give a VR command to DL the PB?
This info will help to further assist you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miami Son (Post 764091)
My phone works fine except for when I try to download my phonebook it says not compatible. That's why I want to know how to find out if I have this latest update or not. When you say you downloaded the latest update, what exactly do you mean? You did it yourself?:4-dontknow: