DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID Question

606 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ONOutdoorsman 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just joined forum. Been looking around, very good info here.
I did have a question that i cant find the exact answer to. I have a 2014 ram 1500 big horn crew cab which does not have projector headlights. I want to get hids for it but my friend says i need to put a resistor or you get a bulb out light on dash. We just put them in his ford and didnt have a lroblem. He spent $80. Any suggestions comments would be great. Thanks guys

#2 ·
Lots of other guys here with more info and experience than me, but I'll give you my .02. Projectors or not, the electronics on the Ram 13+ are fairly complicated. You'd be better off spending a little more to get a proven solution. Just to read a little, I'd go to Retro....Solutions and read what they have there. Good reviews on these guys. they're good about responding to email questions too.

If you don't have projectors, then you should think about adjusting the lights after you upgrade. The standard reflectors have a lot of scatter.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.