DODGE RAM FORUM banner

truckexhaustkits.com

10K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  NakedTurtles 
#1 · (Edited)
This place has good pricing but DO NOT GET IN A HURRY FOR YOUR PARTS!!!

I emailed this company about getting an exhaust for my 97 ram. I asked them if they could bend them to exit out the side but they said they couldn't because they only stock the ones that come out the back. No big deal, I ordered a set out dual rear exit tailpipes.

To me they made it sound like they kept some of these kits in stock. NOPE, here I am over a week later stuck with an old rusted off exhaust under my truck and all the weight of my old muffler on one hanger. I ordered my Magnaflow muffler off of eBay the same day I ordered the tailpipes and it was shipped in under a week. This is day 12 and my tailpipes haven't even been shipped yet.

I emailed the company back and when I asked why my pipes haven't been shipped yet they took a couple days before responding. When I finally got a response they said "Your payment has been received and it will take 10-20 days for us to complete the order and have it shipped".
WHAT A JOKE!!!

#3 ·
Yep, I always share my experience with companies whether it be positive or negative. If it's good I want to support them but in this case, I don't want others running into the same issues I have had.Luckily for me it's not a real big issue other than it's just not right on their part, but if someone had ordered it so their truck would pass inspection they would be out of luck.

#4 ·
just like hughes when i oredered my u/d pulley they all were on a 2 week backorder and did not say a word when i ordered it.... i was like wtf..

#6 ·
yeah I kinda thought I was the only one who had this experience with them but I guess I was wrong...took me just over 33 days to get my kit, cant talk bad about the price really, or the muffler and tips, and the quality of the pipes were good, mandrel bent very nice, but I didnt like the way they fit at all. The left side (dual kit) was less then 6 inches away from my left shock...and only above the back axle by like 1-3 inches..I might have been wrong to not like them...idk but to me I didnt think all that heat would be good for the components they were so close to...sent the pipes and hangers back but kept the other stuff, after about a month and a half of calling after they had already received the package (via fed ex tracking) I finally got my reimbursement. Their customer service is terrible, I probley had my number taken down around 15 times and was told each time that I would receive a call later that day after calling at 10 am, only got a call back about 3 times.

Lesson learned for me, find a local muffler shop that knows what they are doing and can do mandrel bent tubing and have them do it the way you want it, and order the muffler and tips separate.

#7 ·
Same thing happend to me, the pips were fitting horrible, had to have a shop end up putting the kit on, the video they show online makes it look super easy, but its not, i couldnt get the pipes to fit right at all, the werent level with the truck, they werent even on both sides, the guy at the shop ended up having to add a probaly 1 1/2 foot section of piping before the muffler to make it work, plus the hangers they give you dont work worth a crap, so the guy also welded on new hangers.

#10 ·
I just ordered a dual exhaust kit for my 2010 from them on Sunday 4/14 and they shipped on 4/18 and are on there way here, Fed-Ex says delivery on 4/24 . Hopefully they fit right . Will post pictures of install next weekend .

#11 ·
Well they arrived on time , however I was sent out of town by my employer for three weeks . Finally got time in between rain showers to do the install today . It all went right in . There are alignment lines on all the parts . did not have a problem . Have it all clamped in right now . Gonna have to get into our shop after work and weld it up now . The Flowmaster Super 44 is a bit loud but I'll give it a chance I can always change to a quieter muffler . Quality parts all clearly marked even the inlet on the single in dual out muffler was labeled . It does require the 3" extension on the inlet side of the muffler , but its in the kit . The new crome rolled tips sure are pretty !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.