DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BDS dual Stabilizer kit with RCX 6" lift

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  boomer135 
#1 ·
I have the RCX 6" lift kit installed with 37's. I have put a good 3000 miles on the kit with no issues. My biggest thing is going down certain highway's, the vehicle will start to go left-right etc. The alignment is good, I've checked it multiple times on the rack and everything is good. I think it is just the heavy tires(about 130lbs-wheel/tire combo). I ordered the BDS kit and am going to try and make it work with the RCX kit, should be here Wednesday. Just checking to see if anyone has attempted this or has any pictures. TIA

Dillon

#2 ·
I'd be interested to hear how common this issue is.

Can you tell us which tires and wheels you have, including backspacing etc?

Thanks

#4 ·
Nope, I don't which is why I'm curious. I hadn't heard of guys experiencing a squirrely ride post lift.

You know how they say don't install a dampener on a motorcycle until you've worked through the bike, and corrected other defects in the system? Well the same could be said of truck dampeners - sure they might dampen the lateral deviations but the 'why' of it all might elude you if you go directly to that solution.

Keep researching 'why' that driving behaviour comes about first.

#5 ·
I can't remember where, but I know this had been done. I seen a thread a long time ago where someone put the stabilizer kit on a RCX lift. They said it was night and day difference that the truck tightened up and didn't wonder anymore. It's common with lift kits. That said I've had those tires and love them, but my truck used to wonder on the freeway sometimes to I think it had to do with something in the grooves in the tread :4-dontknow:

#7 ·
Hey have you had a chance to get this installed yet? Im real curious as to how it feels and if it made a difference.

#9 ·
Was finally able to get this installed last Sunday. Weather was finally nice, about 60* out. Installed it in my driveway in about an hour; didn't even have to jack the truck up lol. The install was pretty straight forward, just had to drill two holes which is what took the longest. I have driven it quite a bit and will say I have noticed a big improvement handling the heavy 37's. The hardest part was getting a drill in there to make the two holes. Will get some pics once the weather warms up again.

Dillon

#10 ·
Can't wait to see the pics!

Anyone else wanting to get the Dual Stabilizers for their ride look us up and shoot us a messages to sales@bullysperformance.com mention you are a Z member and we will get you the best prices around :) We get some killer discounts on BDS and love forwarding them to our fellow forum members!

Thanks
Jeremiah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.